Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lalin Bel Revisited





Bonjour mes chers lectures et lectrices,

Today I would like to present you with a reading of one of my poems, entitled Lalin Bel, read in Trinidadian French Patois, one of my island's lesser known languages.

All of the photos in the video are original except for the first one which I stole from some unsuspecting soul on the world wide web. Please forgive me.

I also hope that if any native Kweyol speakers stumble across this post that they would forgive my mauvay pronunciation. I still have much to learn.

Thanks go out to Marvel Henry for the translation.

Enjoy


3 comments:

  1. Was that you reading Pablo? - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem Paul I really like the music, very good mood creation. (Your voice sounds really different reading that). You should consider photography too if you enjoy that, you take really good pics without even trying!

    ReplyDelete